Wednesday, April 4, 2007

From 2D to 3D ?

When the time that I heard the project “to turn paper cutting from 2D to 3D”. The first thing in my mind is to make a candle can. I tried to draw different shapes just to find the perfect look that I wanted. However, another problem came into my mind. I know the pattern will really look great on the can, but in that way the pattern can only shows the beauty in one way. The side that towards us. Why not using something soft that can emerge the whole good things of paper cutting? In the end of the brain storming, I had drawn some sketches. The thing that I decided to do is to make a flower make of clothe that can put anywhere you want from belt to headwear.I even changed a picture on one of my favorite singer Elva, in order to show what it might look like. And I also do a little paper cutting of my own, because it was some of my ideas that combined together. It was a card, and the pattern on it shows one of the stories about a appearance of the son moon lake which is located in the middle of Taiwan.

No comments: